Minutes from November 12th 2016
Clay Guild Minutes
November 12, 2016
SU Ceramics Room 127 12:15
Members in attendance: Rob Johnson, Ed deLuca, Florence Kasden, Ernie Satchell, Karen Bearman, Sarah Halcott
• Call to Order 12:25 pm
• Membership, since last report 1 new member , Terry Pazmino
• Minutes - find them online at clayguildeasternshore.org
• Minutes approved
• Treasurers report: 1470.66
• Possibility of show at the Ocean City Art League, Ernie Satchell will be looking in to for more information.
• Show at Salisbury Art Space: Motion to revisit the show for next year. Motion passed.
• Benefits for Clay Guild members :
• Web Page on clayguildeasternshore.org
• Clay Order at cost.
• Exchange information with other members
• Yearly Pot Exchange/ Pot Luck Social, (Ed and Karen will submit dates. )
• What we would like to see in 2017
• Shows - Rob will contact WCAC, Ernie will contact OCAL
• Workshops- see below, please like to offer more ideas for workshops
• Reglazing at cone 6, date ,tba, actively looking for more. We will ask Elizabeth Hunt to do a workshop on surface.
• Events - Pot Exchanges/ Pot Luck
• Next Workshops Naked Raku At Salisbury University
• December 10 noon, terra sig and fire, December 17th 10 am fire (as long as we have good weather )
• April 8th Noon, sig and fire, April 15th 10amfire
• Next Meeting, March 4th at noon at Salisbury University.
• Adjournment 1:06 pm
Followed by discussion on signing pots.